Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Author Interview with Hazeleyes71790

 So I had the opportunity to interview my twitter bestie Alex.  She is wonderfully amazing and such a sweetie!  I also beta her fic Breathing Again. 








How did you first discover Twilight?
Skype call with Alex :)
                                                                  
hazeleyes71790:  Well when it first came out I hated it. I though oh great another vampire franchise and I basically shunned it. I was at borders and I had a gift card so I thought why not? I read the first chapter and I threw it under my bed, seriously. Then it came out on DVD and I was in Florida on spring break with my family. They wanted to see it, and I agreed to give it a try. We bought it and ever since that night I have been hooked and obsessed

hahaa....you threw it under the bed???

hazeleyes71790: I did and i even remember where I left off, where she was in the biology room and she was on the edge of her seat because he kept staring at her weird. I kept thinking uhm, what the hell? haha. I didnt get it

Yeah...he can seem pretty weird. I had no clue the books were about vampires 
when I read the first one.

hazeleyes71790: Really? Yea and I think that is probably what went through my mind, "He is too weird" But look at me now. I would do anything to date an Edward Cullen...maybe not the vampire stuff though lol

Haha...I think you still would anyway.

hazeleyes71790: hahah, see youre probably right. That is how far my love for him goes. lol Its horrible.

I think that's you and almost every other female on earth right now.

hazeleyes71790: Lol, but I think I have a better chance then all of them ;) lol JUST KIDDING

lol hahahahaha So...after twilight, how did you find fanfiction?

hazeleyes71790: Well before Twilight, there was Harry Potter. I basically grew up with it, and I discovered HP fanfiction and then I started writing it. I wish I still had the ones I wrote..that would be interesting. But then I discovered twilight fanfiction after I joined twitter. I am pretty sure that MOTU was my first fanfiction to read...talk about an entrance into the fanfiction world. Thats when it was only like 10 chapters or so.

I remember you telling me about MOTU being your first. I was surprised....what a way to start it off....

hazeleyes71790: hahaha I know...I was a little bit shocked when I read it...wonder why? lol, but then I started finding more and realizing HOW MUCH is out there! It still amazes me.

Did any specific authors inspire you to write your own, or have you always loved writing?

hazeleyes71790: Definitely AngstGoddess003 and Stella Luna Sky, their stories were so captivating that it made me think that we could make our own world for the characters and I also loved the interaction with the authors and the readers, that is what amazed me. So I started complexity of right and wrong...that was a disaster. Then a month or so later, I had a weird inspriation experience and that's when I started Breathing Again. :)

And I can thank you for this because you came up with this forever ago hahaa...Are you in the closet with you fic writing?

hazeleyes71790: Hahaha, i forgot about that!  And yes and no, I am proud of it so some of my close friends know about it. Not too many maybe two or three. And my parents and brother know. I mean it is exciting and I think they think it is cool too, but I dont think I would ever tell people this just for the hell of it haha. I would be too nervous what their reaction would be! lol

yeah, i get that! I remember you telling me about that guy from your work..

hazeleyes71790: omg..i forgot about him. That was so embarrassing. Luckily, I don't think he has looked anything up..he probably forgot. One of the friends who does know, is someone I work with, she is awesome but one day she was like "Alex, I was reading your chapter on one of my breaks and let me just say you made me blush" hahah that's another reason I keep it from people...writing smut is fun but I am not sure what people outside of the fanfiction world would think lol

Oh yeah...I am totally with you on that one....What books are you reading right now? Or are you only reading fics?

hazeleyes71790: Haha, I pulled myself away from Fanfiction for awhile and I am back to books finally! I like Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Piccoult...but right now I am reading Neon Angel a Memoir of The Runaways by Cherie Currie, and it is FASCINATING I recommend this book to anyone who wants a real look into rock and roll or anyone who loves Joan Jett and The Runaways. I also started Dead until Dark...looks like I am stuck in the vampire world huh?

OH! You started the Sookie Stackhouse series?? Those are wonderful.

hazeleyes71790: Yea, I mean it is taking me awhile..probably because I have seen True Blood and I know what is going on. But I am determined to finish it! I also plan on reading On the Road too!

Okay...So what is Breathing Again about?

hazeleyes71790: Breathing Again takes place in present day, it's all human and Bella and Edward are in high school. Bella ends up moving to Forks with her dad after her mom dies in a car accident. She is broken and has been broken for awhile, she didnt get along well with people in her old school. Girls can be bitches! Anyways, she meets Edward and she finds out slowly that there are a lot of secrets that come with him. I wanted this Bella and Edward to have to need each other. They both had hard lives, but not like you think, and they teach each other to breath again, hence the title. Its hard to say what this is about without giving the biggest part of it away...you will just have to read to find out!

How did you come up with the plot? Did it just come to you, or was there specific inspiration...

hazeleyes71790: I was on a plane to NYC and I looked down at the water, and everything was at a stand still, and it was so peacuful. At that moment I felt peace and happiness. I wanted Edward to be Bella's standstill. The plot was brainstormed and thought out, and I chose it because I hadnt read anything like it before and thats what I wanted. I know a lot is cliche but I wanted the back bone of it to be my own.

I love your plotline...lol 

hazeleyes71790: Heheh :) Thank you!

Are any of your characters or parts of the plot based on real life?

hazeleyes71790: Ehh, yes. And I am not sure if I have ever told anyone this. Bella, in the beginning, is me. I was that girl who got picked on all the fucking time...and yes I was overweight. I ended up losing 30 pounds when I was about 15 and I started to find myself. I dated a guy who, even though I think he is not the greatest person anymore lol, he helped me in many ways grow. And I think that Edward does that for Bella.

And don't forget the infamous flower scene in the bedroom...

hazeleyes71790: Oh my God yes! How he asks her to the dance, that is how I got asked to prom my senior year! I had to put that in, it was cool haha. Like everything that happened with how he asked her was how I was asked :)
Here is the actual picture of how Alex was asked to Prom :)
Does your Edward have a "ward" name?

hazeleyes71790: Hehe yes, "Heartward" :) makes me smile hahah I dont know why.

Awwww.. that makes me smile too

hazeleyes71790: Now that certain chapters are out, and more information is coming out, I thought it was good to have him have a "ward" name lol

yes...and its a great ward name!

hazeleyes71790: Good Haha glad you like it :)

Do you have any specific writing habits or rituals, and what do you do for writers block?

hazeleyes71790: I usually always drink cold tea when I write, weird I know but I have to have it with me. I always have music playing and I usually write a shit ton, read it over and then rewrite. Sometimes I have a blank word document open for if I come up with an idea or a sentence that I want to put in later on in the chapter. I work somewhere where I get to think in peace a lot, so I am always thinking before I write. And for writers block. I think. I put myself in their situations...or I text you haha. you are amazing when I need some brainstorming ideas.

I can't tell you how many texts I have on my phone for Breathing Again lol

hazeleyes71790: Hahahaha I am sure there are way too many. Sorry bb :)

NO! You know I don't care at all!

hazeleyes71790: hahah I know and i love ya for that.

Do you have anything other fics planned in the future, or any other projects going on?

hazeleyes71790: yes!!! I am so excited I have this one that i just started working on in my head. I dont want to give anything away, but it is waaaay different from Breathing Again and Bullet to the Heart :)

Ooo....I'm excited.

hazeleyes71790: Me too!!! :)
----------------------------------------------------

You can find Breathing Again on fanfiction.net HERE
You can follow her on twitter HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment